Many people nowadays need to spend many hours sitting down. As a result, they are prone to developing sciatica. While sitting for many hours is inevitable especially for office workers, the best chairs for sciatica can help ease the condition.
Sciatica is a type of body pain affecting the sciatic nerve- a large nerve that extends from the lower back all the way to the back of each leg. Sciatica is characterized by:
Sciatica often manifests in only one side of the lower body. Pain is often felt on the lower back, back of the thigh and the leg. Pain can also sometimes be felt on the foot or toes.
One of the most common causes of sciatica is not maintaining proper sitting posture. In this regard, choosing the best chairs for sciatica should always be considered a vital task of office setup.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Chairs for Sciatica: A Comparison Chart
- The Necessity of Using a Chair for Sciatica
- Top 5 Best Chairs for Sciatica In 2020 and Reviews
- #1. BestOffice Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair
- #2. AmazonBasics Mesh, Mid-Back, Adjustable, Swivel Office Desk Chair with Armrests
- #3. Furmax Office Mid Back Swivel Lumbar Support Desk, Computer Ergonomic Mesh Chair with Armrest
- #4. Flash Furniture Mid-Back Black Mesh Swivel Ergonomic Task Office Chair
- #5. OFM Essentials Collection Mesh Back Office Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 3 Chairs for Sciatica: A Comparison Chart
The Necessity of Using a Chair for Sciatica
When you sit for long hours you are most likely to have sciatica. Pain in your back and legs due to sciatica can affect your productivity at work because of the severe pain when sitting and/ or getting up.
Sitting in one of the best chairs for sciatica can help relieve the pain. How is this so?
The best chair for sciatica can help you deal with your back and leg pain. It will also increase your productivity.
It does not cause much to invest in ergonomic office chairs. The return on investment in having productive office workers will benefit the business more than the minimal expense.
Top 5 Best Chairs for Sciatica In 2020 and Reviews
The BestOffice Ergonomic Mesh Office Desk Chair comes with a heavy-duty metal base construction, durable caster for smooth mobility and a 360 degrees swivel.
Its breathable mesh-type backrest offers good air circulation keeping you cool at all times. Its seat comes with thick pads for maximum comfort and its armrests allow you to comfortably relax your hands while seated. Its seat is well-contoured providing good lumbar support.
This cheap ergonomic chair features the standard Classic-3 gas lift for easy height adjustment.
- Well-contoured seat for great back support
- Lacking system keeps the chair upright.
- Armrests are low for tall persons
- Difficult to understand assembly instructions
The BestOffice Ergonomic Mesh Office Desk Chair is low in price yet provides good back support to allow long hours of comfortable sitting.
The AmazonBasics Mid-Back Desk Office Chair features a mesh-designed backrest to keep your back always cool. Its back is contoured and follows the shape of your body providing support and comfort as well as preventing back pains.
This office chair comes with adjustable height and can accommodate weights of up to 225 pounds. It comes with dual-wheel casters for smooth movement and swivels to allow for comfort and convenience.
The chair comes with extra thick pads.
- The chair easily collects dust and is not easy to clean.
- Armrests not adjustable
The AmazonBasics Mid-Back Desk Office Chair is a stylish and professional-looking office chair yet highly affordable.
The Furmax Mid Back Office Chair comes with an ergonomic design featuring dual lumbar support in its mesh-designed backrest for comfort. Its seat comes with a soft-textured thick pad to reduce pressure on your spine while sitting,
This ergonomic office chair comes with a durable nylon base and rolling casters for smooth and easy mobility. Its seat swivels to a full 360 degrees so you can effortlessly change your position without having to turn your back.
- Does not come with a dedicated headrest
The Furmax Mid Back Office Chair remains stable on any surface because of its high-quality casters.
The Flash Furniture Mid-Back Chair comes with lumbar support, a thick padded seat, and flip-up arms. It also comes with a 360 degrees swivel and a heavy-duty nylon base with casters.
This ergonomic office offers comfort even when sitting for extended hours because it can be adjusted to multiple heights. It also comes with a mesh-styled backrest and a tilt lock system.
The Flash Furniture Mid-Back Chair upholstered in leather. The front edge of the seat comes with a waterfall-design to enhance circulation and ease pressure from your lower legs. It uses a “CA117 Fire Retardant Foam”.
The Essentials Swivel Mid Back Chair (ESS-3001) features an ergonomic posture support design. It also comes with an armrest in a fixed position. Both features ease the pressure on your upper and lower back during extended sitting hours.
This ergonomically designed office chair features a breathable mesh backrest to keep you feeling cool. It also comes with height adjustment and tilt features to set the chair to your preference.
- Features pneumatic seat adjustment
- Swivels at 360 degrees
- Durable and stable enough for heavy use
- Can be difficult to assemble
The Essentials Swivel Mid Back Chair ESS-3001 offers a combination of quality, value, and comfort while sitting for extended hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you decrease sciatica pain when sitting?
Sitting in an ergonomic office chair can help decrease your sciatica pain. An ergonomic chair is one that has good back support, and wheels you can use to turn instead of twisting your body to do the same.
You also need to choose a chair that can keep your hips and knees at a comfortable 45-degree angle. The chair should also be with the right height so you can keep your feet flat on the floor.
What are the features to look out for in the best chairs for sciatica sufferers?
Why are ergonomic chairs good for sciatica sufferers?
Ergonomic chairs are designed to help you sit with proper posture. They are built to provide lower back support and follow the shape of your spine. They also come with features that ensure your wrists, arms and legs have the proper support.
Sciatica is an extremely uncomfortable condition especially when you need to seat for extended hours. Luckily there are ergonomically designed office chairs that can ease the pain.
The best chair for sciatica in this group is the Furmax Mid Back Office Chair. This ergonomically designed chair features built-in lumbar support, pneumatic height adjustment, and reliable and stable construction.
- BUILT FOR COMFORT - Our mesh office/computer chair is built for long-lasting comfort. And easily adjusted for height, the locking mechanism keeps the back upright and relieves the stress and pain...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction, users have full mobility whether you’re gaming, working on the computer, or meeting in the office.
- BIFIMA QUALITY-CERTIFIED - Our chairs pass all components of the BIFIMA certification, and are a reliable and sturdy option for users weighing up to 250 pounds.
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Our chair comes ready to assemble, with all the hardware and necessary tools. With step-by-step instructions, you’ll be set up and ready to game, take on the office in about 10-15...
- CUSTOMER GUARANTEE – We want all of our customers to feel ready to take on the day from the comfort of our chairs. This chair comes with 90-days warranty, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but if...
It offers the best-value-for-money, too.